background

Monday, March 8, 2010

God has blessed us....



We are going to be having a refreshing and exciting week...

For those of you who don't know, about 7 weeks ago I had to have sugery. I had a tumor in my ovary. IT WAS LIKE NOTHING YOU HAVE EVER HEARD OF! The size of the tumor was 9" by 8" by 6". Just picture a melon or a football and that is about the size of the tumor. I have been in recovery for 7 weeks now. We had our follow up with our surgon this past Tuesday and we received GREAT news!!!! I have been cleared! He was so happy with the healing of the incision and how small it was. It was so encouraging! I started crying because I was so happy. I felt so relieved and full of joy because we had made it through this trial. It was hard but we really learned so much. God is sovereign over all, He is in full control of the womb, He loves us so much, and it lead us to praise Him all the more! If this isn't a good gift from our Father, I don't know what is. God also used this to pull, bond, and unite Tyler and I closer together. PRAISE FATHER, SON, AND HOLY SPIRIT!

Also...

TTU is on spring break this week and we are going on a mini vacation to Gatlinburg, TN. I am so excited! We have both been there before but this vacation is not about the "newness" of the destination but the getting-away! We are planning on getting some much needed time away from Cookeville. Tyler has been so busy with work and school and this break couldn't have come at a better time.

We are also going to stop by the Yeager home. Matt, Julia, and Bennett Yeager live in Knoxville, TN. Bennett was born in August and we have only seen him 1 or 2 times since. We are thrilled to hang out with them this weekend. They are just so dear to Tyler and I that it warms my heart just thinking of seeing them.

Well, as you can see it's going to be an amazing week!

Love,

The Hodge Home

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for the good news from the docs!! Does this mean you can pick up your purse now? Heehee

    How was the trip to Gb? Hope it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally pick up my purse!!! Relief! Ahhhhhh....

    The trip was great. So nice to no think about agenda or school or work. Much needed stress relief. We really enjoyed our time together.

    Thanks for asking!

    ReplyDelete